The academy should be a place where students feel happy, safe, confident and respected. Every student has the right to learn without being teased, harassed or bullied.
What is bullying?
• Emotional - Being unfriendly or tormented (for example, hiding books).
• Verbal - Name calling, spreading rumours, making fun of someone.
• Physical - Pushing, kicking, hitting, biting, spitting.
• Racist - Racial taunts, making fun of someone’s race, colour, creed, culture or religion.
• Sexual - Unwanted physical contact.
• Homophobic - Because of/or focusing on the issue of sexuality.
• Gender - Because of/or focusing on the issue of gender.
• Online/cyber - Setting up hate websites, offensive text messages, e-mails or misuse of social media.
Bullying is not the occasion of falling out with friends or the odd silly joke. It is something done on several occasions with the intention of upsetting or harming the victim.
Report bullying to staff or an adult in the Academy you trust.
BULLYING WILL NOT STOP IF YOU SAY NOTHING - BULLIES THRIVE ON SILENCE AND FEAR
The Holderness Academy takes all cases of bullying seriously. All acts of bullying are recorded and punishments will escalate with each offence.
All instances of repeated bullying will be dealt with in a staged response starting with a bullying log. Severe cases may be fast tracked.