The course covers a vast range of both substantive and non substantive Law. Specifically, Paper One focuses on Criminal Law, Paper Two covers Civil Rules and principles finally Paper Three considers the Law on Human Rights.
This specification encourages students to:
• develop their knowledge and understanding of the English legal system and areas of both private and public law within the law of England and Wales
• develop an understanding of legal method and reasoning as used by lawyers and the judiciary
• develop and apply the techniques of legal method and reasoning to analyse and offer answers to problems, based on legal principles, legislation and case law
• develop the ability to construct conclusions and communicate legal arguments by reference to appropriate legal authorities
• develop the ability to communicate persuasive legal arguments by reference to appropriate legal authorities
• be able to demonstrate critical awareness of the influence and operation of the law in society